Volkswagen South Africa has revealed its prices for the updated 2018 version of the Polo Vivo, which the company unveiled on Tuesday, hot on the heels of the sixth-generation Polo it launched in January.
The new Vivo range will consist of six models, four engine options and three transmission variants, with prices starting from from R179,900 (Trendline) and running up to R245,000 for the new top-of-the-range GT.
While this year’s version of the Polo sports some significant redesigns, the Vivo promises refinement and cost-effectiveness, with the cheapest Vivo coming in at nearly R50,000 less than the cheapest Polo.
However, there are still a number of high-end features that motorists can expect to enjoy, including a modular infotainment system (MIB) radio system, enhanced active and passive standard safety features and a new soft-touch dash.
The Volkswagen Polo Vivo Hatch comes standard with a 3 year/120,000km warranty and a 6 year Anti Corrosion warranty. A 5 year/ 60,000km Volkswagen Automotion Maintenance Plan as well as a 5 year/ 60,000 km Service Plan are available as options.
Volkswagen Polo Vivo (2018 pricing):
- 1.4 55kW Trendline – R179,900
- 1.4 63kW Comfortline – R192,000
- 1.6 77kW Comfortline Tiptronic – R221,900
- 1.6 77kW Highline – R214,900
- 1.0 TSI 81kW GT – R245,000
Volkswagen Polo Vivo (current prices):
- 1.4 55kW Conceptline – R179,300
- 1.4 55kW CiTi Vivo – R182,500
- 1.4 63kW Trendline – R189,200
- 1.4 63kW Storm – R197,600
- 1.6 77kW Comfortline – R209,000
- 1.6 77kW GTS – R213,700