Toyota has launched its new Fortuner for 2020 – the Fortuner Epic – which boasts a number of exterior additions.
Toyota said that two variants of the Epic are on offer, both based on the 2.8-litre GD-6 derivatives – the ‘standard’ Fortuner Epic and Fortuner Epic Black.
The Epic Black includes a number of black accents while the standard Epic package will now be applied to all Fortuner 2.8 models going forward, Toyota said.
Both models will feature a branded nudge-bar and tow bar, while the Epic Black models feature a bi-tone design with black roof, black roof rails, black side-view mirrors and unique, all-black 18-inch alloy wheels.
The usual array of 2.8 Fortuner specification items apply including:
- Dual-zone climate control;
- Smart entry and push start;
- Touchscreen infotainment system with navigation;
- Reverse camera;
- TFT Multi-Information Display (MID);
- Blue Optitron instrumentation;
- Cruise control;
- Steering switches;
- Power-adjustable driver seat;
- Power back door.
All Fortuner models are equipped with ABS, TRC, VSC, BAS, EBD and Hill Start Assist (HAC).
Toyota said that all Fortuner models are sold with a 6-services/90,000 km service plan and 3-year/100,000 km warranty.
Service intervals for the diesel models are 10,000 km, while the petrol model is set at 15000 km. Customers can also choose from a variety of service plan extensions at their local dealer.
Pricing for the new Fortuner is as follows:
- Fortuner 2.8 RB Epic 6AT – R660,000
- Fortuner 2.8 Epic Black 6AT – R670,100
- Fortuner 2.8 4X4 Epic 6AT – R729,000
- Fortuner 2.8 4X4 Epic Black 6AT – R739,100