Telkom says it has signed an agreement with Cisco to become the first Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS) strategic partner in South Africa.
Cisco HCS offers highly secure collaboration solutions for public, private, and hybrid clouds from partners delivering Cisco Powered cloud services.
Whereas historically organisations shied away from hosted services due to a perceived lack of security and control, Telkom said that Cisco HCS will provide our customers with carrier-grade security and manageability.
The cloud services will include Voice and Video as a Service; Instant Messaging and Presence as a Service, Web Conferencing as a Service; and Mobility as a Service.
It will be offered as a monthly subscription service.
- Mobility as a Service – One number to dial as well as the capability to redirect incoming IP calls to designated phones, move calls between Cisco desktop and mobile phones, create personalized access lists, and give access to all corporate call features from mobile phones;
- Web Conferencing as a Service – enabling customers to meet and manage meetings and projects over the web in real time, to present, share, or collaborate from anywhere, anytime, on any device;
- Instant Messaging and Presence as a Service – improved collaboration with a simple click to begin an IM session, initiate a phone call, or easily start a videoconferencing call;
- Voicemail and Integrated Messaging as a Service – customers will be able to deliver voicemail, integrated messaging, or simply voicemail, and access messages from an IP phone, mobile phone, or desktop client;
- Voice and Video as a Service – offering simplified collaboration with a unified architecture that delivers industry-leading voice and video capabilities as a service.