Low-cost airline Mango says it will offer fares from R1.00 for a limited time as part of a promotion for the launch of its third app, for all devices operating Microsoft’s Windows 8.1 operating system.
Mango claims to be the first African airline to offer a mobi-site and apps allowing bookings, payment and flight management on the go.
The Mango app is available for download in all app stores for Android, Apple, Blackberry and Windows 8.1 devices.
“The release of the Windows app sees Mango come full circle in terms of major mobile platform availability,” said spokesperson Hein Kaiser.
Mango said that its apps have received more than half a million downloads in total.
“Technology as a business enablement tool stretches across every aspect of our business; from bringing Mango closer to our Guests through social media channels through to retail applications such as mobile bookings. It is our intent to pursue innovation across the airline,” Kaiser said.
The R 1 sale is exclusively available through the Mango app on the Windows 8.1 platform and on sale until 31 May 2015 for travel until end June 2015.
Terms and Conditions:
- 10 000 seats available on selected flights on a first come, first served basis.
- No group bookings available on promotional fares.
- Special events, long weekends (Fridays and return Sundays) and peak flights are excluded.
- Not available through Call Centre, website or any other channel.
- Return bookings only, of which only one sector can be R1.00. No combination of any other promotional fare, second sector will be on published fare.
- R1.00 Base fare only excluding any taxes / Normal taxes will apply on all R1.00 fare bookings